my card

my card

Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy Montague Day! Oh, and 4th of July!

Hey hey hey! Sorry I didn't get a letter off to you last week! I had like a million emails, and I spent too much time reading that I didn't have enough time to respond! (Really, not a bad problem to have!)

It's been a pretty good week! Nothing overly exciting, but not terrible either, so I will see if I can think up anything great for you.

My new friend Toby
Monday: We started our exchange. I went to Moncton, New Brunswick for the day to work with the Zone Leader. I was super strange having an exchange on Pday....I don't like that... But, they opened up a Cabella's in Moncton, so I had to buy myself a new friend.... I am weak! His name is Toby, and I love him! Also, we went shopping at Costco in Moncton, and that was the first time I've been in a Costco in so long! It was crazy (and if you think Costco pizza and hotdogs are great, you should try Costco Poutine! It's prime!) After Pday was over, we went and actually did some missionary work. We taught a lesson, and then had a leadership skype call that the Zone Leader had to get to, so that was pretty much our day.

Tuesday: Still in Moncton... We did a lot of finding, and then taught a lesson. We had MLC with the new Mission President, President Pratt... He is pretty cool! He is super laid back! It's strange... But I like it. We finished out the night by driving down to Amherst, Nova Scotia to stay the night with the Elders there for Zone Conference in the Morning. 

Wednesday: Zone Conference in Amherst... (Oh and CANADA DAY!!!!!) That was a bad choice having it in Amherst... It's only a stage 1 building, so it's super small! trying to shove 25 companionships, plus senior couples, it was tight! It as a good training, and everyone enjoyed meeting the new mission president. After Zone Conference we drove back to Charlottetown and didn't get home until about 6:30pm... We went and taught one of the sisters investigators with them, and that went well. That was about our whole night :D

Thursday: Back to work. We put a ton of finding hours in, trying to make up for everything that I missed being out of my area for a while. It's not so much fun having no clue what is happening in your own area! But we got back on track, and life is good :D
This is Elder Shambrook, from Wales. I did an exchange with him here in Charlottetown.

Friday: Weekly planning. Not much to plan for, because we don't have any investigators at the moment, but we are working on it, and it is coming along. We will find people! We did lots of finding, and then had correlation with the Sisters, and then right back out to finding. The less-Active member that we were going to have a lesson with didn't show up, so that wasn't so fun... But, we aren't letting that hold us down! It's going to be great!

Murica
Saturday: Happy Montague Day! Oh, and 4th of July! We did 12 week with the new sister in the area. She is pretty solid! After that we had a pretty full day. We had lessons with a couple of less active memebers, and we taught one of the sister investigators, I guess they wanted to have the Elders Come over, so that was interesting.... The Investigators mother in law was there, and she was super contentious, and kept taking little stabs at us... I did't so much enjoy that. We finished up the night with another less active lesson.

Sunday: Church was good. I love fast Sunday's in a ward that isn't crazy! People actually know how to bear their testimony! We started a new project where we went though all of our old knocking records, and found all of the people who said they were interested, but who don't have a former record or potential record, and we are going to go talk to all of them. We found 47 addresses, so hopefully at least 1 is interested! It hasn't yielded any fruit yet, but I have faith! We finished off by going to the YSA Family home evening. The YSA are crazy! We played spoons. Or, they played spoons, while I made phone calls to my district trying to collect all of their #'s for the week... That is my least favourite part of my job! 

That awkward moment when that is the French flag.....
(It was 4th of July Make Up from a package sent to him by his mom)


My New CHM T-shirt!

That's about all that happened this week! I don't think I have too much else to add. Maybe next week. 

I love you all, and I hope you have an amazing week!

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple Leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen
 

 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment