my card

my card

Monday, April 25, 2016

Letter from April 4

This is me with Margaret a few weeks back. She was filming something to send home to her dad
Well, I guess this is awkward, Wednesday was the last time I wrote, so I don't think there has been much to fill you in on since then, but I will see if I can imagine up anything super exciting for the week. (Also, I don't have my planner from Last Transfer, so I will see what I can actually remember.)

Monday: It was a normal work day because we had Pday on Friday. The new transfer schedule is weird. We went and did lots of street contacting, and knocked on some doors. We had a supper
appointment with a sweet older lady, and then finished the night with some area book work.

Tuesday: It was pretty much a normal work day. We went and did all the normal missionary work stuff, we knocked on doors and talked to people, and all that jazz. At 5:00 we got our transfer letters and found out that Elder Lerminez was getting Transferred to Summerside, PEI, and I would be staying here in Sydney to train a new missionary. Afterwards we had and hour long district meeting, and then the senior couple here took us out to get Blizzards at Dairy Queen (a little ironic with the weather we have been having lately)

Wednesday: Well, it was Pday, and Elder Lerminez was getting transferred, so we had to take time for him to finish up packing and getting ready to go. We had a lesson in the middle of the day with one of our investigators, and she is doing great! She had a really cool experience reading and praying about the Book of Mormon, and she says that she knows it's true :D I'm excited for her! We said goodbye to Margaret, and then got all of Elder Lerminez's stuff packed into the car, and travelled down to Truro to stay the night with the Elders there.

Thursday: Transfer day. We got up Early because we had to be at the meet up point by 7:30 for the Transfer Van. We got there, dropped Elder Lerminez off at the van, I picked up Elder Harris got back in the car and started the eternal journey back to Sydney. We had just passed Antigonish when we got a text from our Zone Leaders asking if we could stop in New Glasgow on our way in because they had to give us our insurance cards for our cars (which are kind of important), so we drove back into Antigonish, and waited for the New Glasgow Elders to come and meet us there. After almost an hour, we were back on the road headed to Sydney. We got back to Sydney at about 1:00, ate lunch and then were able to get out and go to work. We pretty much worked the rest of the day, and then went to institute that night.

A brief Bio about my new compaion: His name is Elder Harris (Elder Patrick Harris if you want to stalk him on Facebook), and he is from Fort MacLeod, Alberta (making my 3rd of 12 companions to be Canadian). He is a pretty cool guy. He is 20, so he came out a little later, and he is a lot more mature than an 18 year old greenie, so I like it!
This is the #Hallelujah booth out on the street :D

Friday: Weekly Planning. It was a little longer than usual, just because we had to go through all the explanation and what not, but it was a really good planning session. We had our lunch, and then Went out to work. We got to try a bunch of different things for Friday. I can't actually remember everything that we did, but I know we went out knocking in the rain and got soaked. It was fun stuff. Haha, we knocked into a psychic medium, that was pretty funny! She gave us her weather predictions. It was pretty much the most hilarious part of the night.

Saturday: We did service in the morning for a member, and then GENERAL CONFERENCE! Yippie! I love conference. Then we went and had lunch, and and did some other stuff, and then went back for GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! And then we had supper, and did 12 week training, and then more GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! It was a good day.

Sunday: We went to a Pentecostal church in the morning, that was pretty fun! And then, you guessed it, GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! And then we got our area book, called some people to remind them about GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! and then did our 12 week training. Then we watched the last session of GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! I loved conference this time around. It was so powerful, and I learned a lot of awesome things! 

So yeah, that was basically our week. Sorry it was kinda lame, haha!

I wish I had some cooler things to tell you, but I don't.... So, that's all you are getting. 

I love your guts, and hope you have a great week.

Hockey hockey, Moose Moose, Maple Leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment