my card

my card

Monday, November 3, 2014

It's a boy.......

The Ladies we sing to at the care center.
What a week. This week has been so crazy that I don't even know if I'm going to be able to do it justice in an email.... So many crazy things are going on! (Transfer results at the end of the letter)

Monday: Nothing all together too crazy on Monday. We went bowling! That was fun. In Canada they don't bowl with full sized bowling balls, they use really little ones, and it makes it really hard to actually get any pins knocked down, but it was still a lot of fun. I wish I had pictures from bowling, but both of us left our cameras in the car... I know, I 'm a bad missionary :P

Tuesday: It was the beginning of the end. We used up almost all of our Kilometers on Tuesday, running from place to place. Everything was going great until a member asked us to go home teaching with them, which we love to do, so we said yes. That took us all across the area in one day... We tried to get it figured out without using too many K's, but that just didn't happen. But Singing at the Senior's Home was really fun, and getting to go home teaching was great! No complaints!

Wednesday: We completely ran out of Kilometers. We had just enough to get halfway to the church and back home, so when we hit the halfway point, like the good little missionaries that we are, we pulled the car over and walked for the rest of the day. And let me tell you, it was a long, LONG day! We ended up doing a lot of knocking, and even more walking. It was great!

Thursday: Completely on foot. Actually we took the bus to the church in the morning for District Meeting, but after that we were completely on foot. We walked and knocked and walked some more. Not a single potential investigator.... It was a hard day.

Friday: Halloween! We bused to the church early in the morning to try and go to Seminary, but it turned out that they don't have Seminary on Fridays, so we ended up sleeping in the mothers lounge for about an hour until we actually had to start doing studies.5:00 it was time to be locked in our apartment for the rest of the night. We ended up dressing up the Giant teddy bear that we have for Halloween, and eating food. It was a pretty good night :D
After our studies, we had a weekly planning session, and that was just peachy. And then we knocked, who knew that knocking on Halloween wasn't a good idea? Most people thought we were Trick-or-treaters, and then told us to go away when they found out we weren't.. We didn't get a single piece of Halloween candy from knocking. We had a supper appointment with a great member family, and at

Saturday: We got all of our Kilometers back because it was the beginning of the month! It's a great feeling to have Kilometers. One of our investigators wife had surgery on her head, so we baked them cookies and went out to see them. Turns out the wife has Celiac Disease and the cookies would have killed her... Who knew? But they were still thankful for them, and we got another appointment set up, so they must not have been too angry. Saturday night was very hard. We found out that our investigator who was on date to be baptized passed away on October 25.... It has been very hard to take that... He was a good friend of ours, and it was really hard to see him go... Not an easy thing, but we have to keep working.

Sunday: We got Transfer letters Sunday Morning... Elder B is moving to Montigue, PEI, and I am going to be staying in Sacville... I am also going to be finishing the training of one of the new missionaries who came out last transfer, I'm a step-dad! Later in the evening we had a lesson with an investigator over Facebook, and that was fun.. We don't know how much longer he is actually going to be an investigator, he doesn't want to progress...(He has been an investigator for 30 years, and was a referral from the sisters in one of the other areas.. we had to give him a chance...) We went to follow up on a referral from the sisters in our area, and it turns out the person doesn't live there... They met him working outside the house, and talked to him for a while, and when we went back, nobody had ever met the guy before... It was pretty strange. We got to go to the Mission home and watch the CES broadcast with all of the other missionaries serving in the Metro... My new companion was there, and it was a really awkward situation.. haha! 

And that brings us back to today... I guess I should probably let you know that it started snowing today... It just goes downhill from here... the weather is going to start getting really awful anytime now... I'm just glad I'm not in Newfoundland or on Prince Edward Island for the winter, that would just be miserable!

I hope everyone is having a great week! I love all of you!

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment