my card

my card

Monday, December 8, 2014

Real Malls are CRAZY!

Well Hello There!

So, here we are again. Another Monday. Already the middle of December. Almost the end of the transfer already.... Things are getting crazy around here! So, here is the rundown for the week:
Monday: P-Day. We ended up going out to Dartmouth and going to the mall. Man... Real malls are crazy! Our little St. George mall is nothing compared to the Mic Mack Mall in Dartmouth. So big. While wandering the depths of the mall, we found the Holy Grail... Taco Bell! Just so you know, it is just as good here as it is back in the States, plus they have Taco Poutine! Everything is better when you have Poutine! We ended up not having Family Home Evening because all of our regulars got sick and couldn't make it, so we ended up going home and doing some good old fashioned Area Book work. Good times. 

Tuesday: Probably the most crazy day of our week. It was pretty draining. We planned in too many RCLA visits... That's really all I can say about that... they were draining.... We had supper with a great family, and got to watch President Eyrings talk at the Vatican. It was pretty great. The Apostals of our church know how to lay down the law, and how to share the Gospel like none other, it's almost like they are inspired men or something :P

Wednesday: District meeting. I spent most of the day driving down and back from Bridgewater (I'm the designated driver now, so I get to do that kind of stuff), which was just too much fun! We rocked out to MoTab Christmas music and just had a jolly good time! Later that night we had a meeting with our awesome investigator! He is doing so great! We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and he took it very well. We invited him to be baptized, and he said yes, but because of a long story that unfolded after that, we weren't able to set up a date with him yet. But, it is going to happen, and I really hope that I survive this transfer to see it happen next transfer!

Thursday: President came to Sackville and did a training with us and the Sisters about how to best use facebook... It was pretty intense. President goes pretty hard on his training. Luckily we survived, and made it out in pretty much one piece. A couple of damaged ego's, but nothing that cant be salvaged. We stopped by a potential that we had knocked into, and we ended up standing in his doorway for over an hour while he talked at us about the book that he is writing... We are not going to be teaching him, he just likes having someone to talk at... 

Friday: We got up early in the morning to go to Seminary at the church, but ended up not going... I just wasn't having it that morning. We had a companionship study with the Bridgewater Elders over skype, and that was super fun, and totally productive... Right after that we sped home and did our Weekly Planning, my favorite part of the week (Insert Sarcasm). After our planning session, we went out and met with an member. I love meeting with her, she is great. Friday night we went over the church and helped set up for a baby shower. I really wish I had thought to take pictures in the moment, because we are master decorators. I was pretty impressed.

Saturday: There was a French temple session on Saturday, so we got to take care of one of the Elders from Moncton who didn't speak French while his companions were in the session. That was weird. I really hope I never serve in a Trio... It is just awkward. We had an lesson fall through on us, so that was pretty disappointing, but we got to go over and see the recent convert that we never get to see because we never have a third person to go with us, so that was really great. Other than that it was a pretty normal day.

Sunday: It was a great day! We had our investigator come to church for the second time, and he really loved it. It was Fast and Testimony meeting, and the testimonies were just perfect! He stayed for all of church, and even gave some great input during Gospel Principals and Priesthood! After the meeting he told us that we had "Made a believer out of him" and he cried a little bit. It was incredible! I'm so excited for his progress! We went out to Halifax for Stake Choir practice that night... Believe it or not, I ended up getting coerced into singing a Solo for one of the songs... No matter how hard I try to lay low, I always end up performing for things out here.... 

I guess that is the end of my week. It was pretty great as you can see. I hope everyone is having a great week, and an awesome kick-off to the Christmas season! I love y'all!

Don't do drugs!

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment