my card

my card

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Well, here we are again.

Hello!
Elder Hansen and I when we were mini Golfing

Well, here we are again. Wow.... It has been quite the past couple of days.... Changes are really weird. I prefer staying put. But that is the life of a missionary, I guess. I actually forgot to bring my old planner, so I don't have all of the details for what I did this week, so here is what what I remember from this week....
Monday: We had a pretty great Pday. WE did all of the usual missionary things, and then actually went out and had some fun. We went Mini Golfing with the Halifax Sisters, and it was so much fun! After we finished, we went out to Hammonds Plains to meet with one of our investigators. He is officially on date for January 10! I am so excited for him! (Every time I talk to the missionaries in Sackville they tell me that he is doing great, and is progressing more and more every day)
Tuesday: We met with a lot of people on Tuesday. I got to have a lesson and say goodbye to all of the less-active members that I had been working with. It is really hard having to say goodbye when you have become so attached to the people. It was a pretty hard day. I can't remember anything else that we did... I wish I had my planner with me...
Wednesday: We were all over the place on Wednesday. There was so much that we had to do before I left. We met with our investigator again, and he was doing awesome! We finished up all of the lessons with him, so he is ready to go! That night we had the Bridgewater Elders come and stay with us so that they could get to the transfer van by 6:30 the next morning, so I got my companion a day early.

The sisters made me a #SACKVEGAS shirt for a going away present
Thursday: Transfer day. We dropped one of the Elders off at the mission home early in the morning and then spent the rest of the day working in Sackville. We ended up getting a ton done through the day, so it was pretty fantastic. We got to go to the Missionary Session at the temple, so that was pretty exciting. My new companion was sick, so he didn't go through, he just sat out in the front room and waited for us to come out. There was a vehicle that needed to be taken down to Bridgewater, so we got permission to drive separate vehicles down. Most glorious hour and a half of my life! I forgot how great it is to be alone! We finally got back to our apartment just in time to plan our next day and for me to conduct my first missionary Call-Night. Good stuff!
Friday: We had quite the day on Friday. We had weekly planning, which went a lot faster than I am used to because we don't have any investigators right now. Not a lot to plan for when you aren't actually working with anyone. Later on we went out to Lunnenberg for a supper appointment with a family. It's great getting to know the members a little bit better.


Elder Hansen and I with one of the members. Fantastic Lady!
Saturday: We started the day by going out and giving a member a blessing. She was such a sweet old lady, I wish we could have stuck around longer to talk to her. We spent the rest of the day working on an event that a family runs here in Bridgewater called "A Night in Bethlehem". It is a church sponsored Live Nativity, with all sorts of fun things going on around it. All sorts of shops and games and animals. It was pretty great! That event took up our whole day!
Sunday: The Sunday before Christmas is a lot of fun around here. We received a ton of gifts and goodies from the ward members, they are all so sweet. I got drafted into the Ward Choir that was performing that night, and ended up singing a solo version of "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear" at the Christmas concert that night. It was a fantastic day full of music and getting ready! We had a supper appointment with a family, and they were great! They people out here are so funny!
Well, that is all for my week. I don't think I have any more news to give, and if I forgot anything I will let you know next week!
I hope that everyone is have a good week.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Here comes the cheesy missionary Christmas Testimony:
I know that this time of year is really fun, but it is also a time to remember the amazing gift that the savior Jesus Christ is to the world. There is so much that he did for us, that it is impossible to put into words!
 
Romans 8 35-37:
 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
HAve an amazing Christmas, and know that the Lord Loves you, and so do I!
Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen
PS. My new address is 105 Darius Wile RD. Wileville, NS B4V 5L4



No comments:

Post a Comment