my card

my card

Monday, January 12, 2015

I gave myself a haircut!

 
I cut my own hair today

 
Eh there!
What a week here in good ol' Bridgewater, Nova Scotia! I don't even know where to start for this week...... It's been an interesting one..... Let's see what I've done....
Monday: It was a pretty crazy P-day... We went to a funeral for one of the founding members of the Bridgewater ward because I was asked to sing. I ended up singing "Oh My Father", and it went really well. (further details mom asked: The ex-wife of the guy called him and said they had heard him sing at the Christmas Concert and would he please sing at her son's dad's funeral?  He said yes) The funeral kinda destroyed all of our shopping time, so it all got pushed back, and we almost didn't have time to get food (So I was very grateful when we got a package with food in it from Mum :D) Other than that, it was a pretty normal P-day. Not too many adventures. We were supposed to have a lesson with an investigator, but it ended up falling though. Pretty disappointing.
Tuesday: It was a pretty strange day. We had planned on going out of town to one of the outlying areas to do some contacting, but we ended up having to stay in Bridgewater for most of the morning because we had a Skype call with President at 1:00. We discussed getting more Kilometres for our vehicles so that we can travel out of town more often, and he agreed. We are all over the place now! We went out to Mahone Bay. It was freezing! The wind off the ocean when It was already -14C made it so awful! I wanted to cry. But we survived, and even got to talk to a couple of people, so it all worked out in the end. We were supposed to go over to a members home for supper, but they had a change of plans, and brought us supper to the church. We ate super fast, and then they had to leave. To finish out the night, we took our vehicle report to the member of the Mission Presidency who lives here in Bridgewater, and ended up staying for an hour to help him finish a puzzle... Whoops... But it was okay because he is in the Mission Presidency, right?

Look! A little Pie I can hold! (Family Joke)
Wednesday: District meeting in Sackville. It went very well. I really enjoyed it. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We went contacting in Chester, and then spent the rest of the night in meetings with the Bishop, the Ward Mission Leader, and then Ward Council. Lots of meetings.
So Much Snow
Thursday: We spent most of the day out in Liverpool. We did a ton of contacting, and tried to get in to see some Less Active members, but none were around. Later a member took us from Liverpool out to Lockport where we visited a less active member, and tried to get in to see a referral that we received out there. No luck. He has been attending church with a friend out in Cole Harbour, but any time we try to contact him, we have no luck. It'll happen. On the way home from Liver pool, I saw the coldest temperatures of my mission so far. -28C. It was freaking cold! It has warmed up a ton since then, so I'm not freezing yet!

Friday: We had a really long weekly planning session on Friday. Companionship inventories man... they are crazy. After we decided to go out to Lunnenburg and Mahone bay to do some contacting. It was a pretty great day. We did a lot of knocking, and got to do at least a little bit of work out there. Later in the evening we had games night at the church. It was great! We only had a couple of people come, but it was just the right combination of people to make it a blast!

Saturday: FANTASTIC DAY! We knocked with the sisters in the morning, and did all of the little things that needed to get done around Bridgewater, and then finally got to go out to Sackville! It was so awesome! Before the baptism we had Seafood Chowder, and it was InCrEdiBlE!!!! I loved it so much! The baptism was so amazing! I was so happy to see Emile all dressed in white! It was all together a fantastic day! 

Sunday: Sunday was just crazy... I can leave it at that... There wasn't anything specific that we did, it was just crazy...

So that is where we are at now. Back to Monday. We haven't done too much today. I gave myself a haircut, so I'm hoping I don't look like an idiot right now... But hey, if I do, I don't even care! 

I hope you are all having an amazing week! I love you all so much! Thank you for all the love and support. And Letters.... and packages.... *cough cough*.... Just kidding! I love you all, have a great week!

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple Leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment