my card

my card

Monday, January 5, 2015

I'm singing at a funeral today, so that is weird...

HAPPY NEW YEARS!
 

Chillin with a mailbox we found
That is a little more like the Canada I was expecting!
Well look that, it is already 2015! How crazy is that?!? The year changes, but life in the mission keeps going. It's crazy how that works. So... What did I do this week? I don't know... Good thing I keep my brain in my pocket, or I would never be able to remember anything that happened here!
Monday: Pday! I for the life of me can't remember if we actually went and did anything on Pday or not... I know we didn't shop, it was before the beginning of the month, so we were still poor. But at the end of the night we went over to a members home for supper. LOBSTER! I love being in the maritimes because lobster and seafood are everywhere! I LOVE IT! Other than that, I think it was a pretty quite evening.
Ice Everywhere - even the ocean
Tuesday: We were out in Liverpool for most of the day. We  got to visit some former investigators. The sad news is they are all still former investigators. But, it was nice to go out to a different area for a little while. We had to go back to Bridgewater a little earlier than we had planned, we had a last minute leadership Skype call, so we were in a pinch to get back. But, we made it home safely and got there in time for the call, no problems. The rest of our day was a little messed up schedule wise, but we found other places to work and other things to do. Not to bad of a day.
Wednesday: New Years Eve! We had our district meeting which was fun as always. After the meeting we went on exchanges with one of the zone leaders and Elder Hansen (It's a long story why they are together now...) It was pretty exciting! I missed that kid! We had a lesson planned for that day, but it ended up falling through, so nothing to report there. We had to be back in our house by 5:00 (problems with living in the drinking capital of Canada) so we lit a nice fire in the fireplace and had a nice evening.
We are pretty sure we have a creeper living in our apartment when we aren't there. This mug wasn't on my desk when I left. So I left a nice note for whoever it belongs to.

Sunday Selfie...(his favorite selfie face)
Thursday: HAPPY NEW YEAR! The first day of the year was set apart for deep cleaning our apartments. I will attest to you that I smelled like Bleach the rest of the day. It was pretty awful. But now the house it sparkling clean,and we have nothing to worry about there. I finally got to meet one of our investigators who has been out of town for a while. Turns out he is going to be moving to Dartmouth for the next 6 weeks, so we are going to have to pass him off to the Dartmouth elders for a little while. But that is okay, because he is solid!
Sorry, It looks like you are only getting up until Thursday. The library that I am emailing from has the worst Internet connection on planet earth, and it doesn't want to type things out for me... I love you all... I'm singing at a funeral today, so that is weird... But I think that is the only exciting thing I'm doing today... I will let you know.

I hope you all have a great week!

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple leaf, Sorry about that, Eh?
Elder Nielsen
Hanging out with some friends in Mahone Bay

Gotta give everyone the chance to hear the gospel

You know it's cold if I'm willing to wear a took!

A Whale!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment