my card

my card

Monday, February 16, 2015

But yeah, I am all safe now, no worries :D

Wow.... Sorry I'm late this week. Another crazy snow storm. This is blizzard #2!


OH, you wanted to look out the window? That sucks, because it snowed last night.
I don't have a ton of time here, so I'm going to be a little brief with my letter today

It has been quite the interesting week! I don't know exactly where to start... Probably Monday, that is really the best place to start.

Monday: Not a whole ton happened. We did all our normal P-day things...minus the sledding :P We had supper at a great member families place. They are too much fun. And then we finished out the night by doing some area book work. Nothing to crazy there.

Tuesday: We were kinda all over the place on Tuesday. Here, there everywhere. We had a lot of member visits, and did a lot of contacting. It was pretty great. Not too much to report there.
Did I ever tell you that Creme Soda is pink here? PINK!?!?!?

Wednesday:  District meeting. It was a lot of fun, lots of great discussion. District meetings are one of my favourite times of the week! Really we just spent the rest of the night in meetings. That is the downside to Wednesdays, lots and lost of long meetings. But all in all, they are pretty great.

Thursday: We had our apartment inspections with President. That was fun. My favourite part was when he burst in our front door and yelled "What is going on here?" We were in the study, so there wasn't anything to see, he just freaked us out a little bit. He then went through the house and checked everything, and ate some of my Cereal. It was pretty great. We then went out to Liverpool and got to meet with some people out there. It was pretty productive. 

Friday: We had the Valentines day activity at the church. We spent so much time getting ready for it. We put so much time and effort into that thing, and it turned out great! There were so many members and non members there! We had such a great time. Basically that was our whole friday, setting up for this event.

You see a giant Ice, I see a weapon of mass destruction!
Saturday: We had a couple of lessons with investigators. They are doing great! We have on on date for baptism in April, so that is pretty cool! We went searching for some service opportunities in the community, and found some places that are going to find something for us to do (senior homes, libraries, hospitals, etc.) We were supposed to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders, but that didn't end up happening because the big storm set in, so we got to stay home.

I look completely terrified, because A) I was B) I couldn't move my face at all....
The white colour on my ears, is my ears, there is no snow in them...
All that water on me is completely frozen,

 I hadn't even started to thaw out yet... Frostbite for the win!
Sunday: Church was cancelled. The blizzard was HUGE! So much snow! It was actually only like a foot of snow that came down, but with all the blowing snow, it was massive! The snow drifts in our driveway were about 4.5 feet deep. And that is where the fun story comes in. Because of the drifts of snow in our driveway, we have to park the truck up the hill away from our house.  We tried to walk up to our car at about 6:00, and got stuck out in the blizzard. We got to a place (After hiking in waist deep snow) that we just couldn't move anymore. We were completely stuck out there for about an hour and  had to call our landlord, and he had to come out and save us by leading us up a different hill where the snow was hard enough to walk on, and then back through the forest, to our cabin. It was pretty miserable. It was -9 with a -26 windchill, so it was pretty cold. I, being the genius that I am, was not wearing a toque (hat) or gloves, because I thought I was just going for a short little run out to the truck... Not so. When we finally got back to the house, my hair was completely froze, and my ears and fingers were completely ghost-white and frozen solid, I couldn't move them at all. I finally got it looked at today when we got out of our house (about 5:00pm we had to wait to get plowed out.) and it is just minor Frostbite in my thumbs and in my ears, so it is only very uncomfortable, but I have been assured that I will regain full feeling in them sometime in the near-ish future... So that is fun... But yeah, I am all safe now, no worries :D
So that's my story and I am sticking to it. 

I hope you are all having a great week, and not freezing to death. I love you all lots and lots!

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple Leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment