my card

my card

Monday, May 11, 2015

But eventually we will hunt them down!

Alright, so I am actually going to do my big letter first this week, so maybe I might have some time to write things down! There's a thought :P
There we go - that's more like it!
Here we are in almost the middle of May... That's pretty crazy! But, good news! The snow is gone, and it got up to like 18c the other day, so that's pretty great! You can kinda feel springtime in the air! Let's see if I can think up any wacky adventures for this week (probably not...)
Haircut Selfie
(Note to Missionary Moms - Don't ask for selfices of your
missionary NOT puffing out his cheeks - you will
NEVER get one!)

Monday: Yay Pday! Thrift shopping! Y'all saw the green suit that I bought that week, so that was my big purchase for the week! A whole $5.00. I'm a splurger :P That's was about it for Pday. Later on we had a lesson with a recent convert, and then we had supper at a members house. Super exciting stuff :P

Tuesday: It was an interesting day on Tuesday. President Leavitt came and did inspections/interviews, and we didn't know he was coming until Monday evening, so it was kinda a weird rush to plan in him coming and try to move around our plans for the day. But it all worked out, and we got to have a nice chat with President and Sister Leavitt, so that was pretty nice. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We spent a lot of time trying to get in contact with the investigators that the sisters left us. I think they are avoiding us now.. That's not good. But eventually we will hunt them down!
Total price of all the suite in this picture? $15

Wednesday: District meeting in Charlottetown! It was a great meeting, very spiritual! I enjoyed it a lot. Afterwards, we came back into Summerside, and again tried to hunt down these investigators. No luck. We had a lesson with one of the other Elders investigators (We found him while Elder B. and I were together, so we are sharing teaching him) and that went pretty well. After we went out to Borden for supper at another members place. Lots of exciting things!

Thursday:  We spent a lot of the day trying to get in touch with some potential investigators. Not too many of them were actually interested any more, which is pretty sad. It's sad to see when people are interested, and then nobody goes back to talk to them, or try's back for so long that they just go cold... It's a sad thing. We had a Young Men's activity. We are helping the Young Men with Family History because there is a family temple trip coming up in June, and we are trying to have every take their own name to the temple! It's a slow process. 

Friday: Weekly planning. We had a lesson set up with an investigator (Another one that we are sharing with the other Elders), but it fell though. I haven't seen her in so long! It worries me a little bit, whenever I am supposed to come over the appointments get cancelled, but anyone else she keeps it... Maybe it's just me :P Lot's of contacting, and all that crazy missionary junk.

Saturday: We spent a good chunk of the day out in Kensington. We ended up talking to a bunch of people, which was great, but not to many (0) were actually interested, which is not a good thing... We will find people! I have faith! We took a little time in the evening to prepare for the church lessons we were teaching the next day. 

Sunday: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Yay Mothers! Mothers are cool! Hurrah! Yippie! Yeah, mothers day was pretty great! Church was fun. The Primary kids sang a song, and none of them knew the words, so it was super awkward, and I loved it! Haha! I taught Gospel Principles, that was interesting. Teaching the Lesson on Exaltation is always super weird... And then having a rabble-rouser in the class makes is a wee bit harder, but Se La-Vie. We then taught Singing Time for Primary.... I really hope I am never a primary teacher.. My patience is not that strong. But it was fun, and we played some games, and learned some songs. And then the fun part of the day. Skyping home! It was so great to see the whole family, including Alexa! I enjoyed it a ton! My family is so crazy! But I love them anyway :D 
Mustache Family Portrait

I think that is about it for my week. We are going to try to walk out to a light house and fly kites over the ocean today, I will let you know how that works out! 

I love you all so much! Have a fantastic week!

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen
 

 

Confederation Bridge - it's pretty big!

In honor of Mother's Day I made a nice curry.


Selfie with Curry.

We got a pet (My beautiful art skills)

Beautifu PEI


 


You know you are poor when you are reduced to eating Kraft Dinner...
(It's called mac and cheese in the states, but Kraft Dinner here... That's weird.)

The Glorious beauty that is Kinder Egg

Be jealous of my Kinder Eggs :P

 
This is pretty cool :P

No comments:

Post a Comment