my card

my card

Monday, May 4, 2015

Poof, Bob's your uncle.....

Hello hello!

Oh the Joys of moving into an apartment previously occupied by Sisters!
Another week has come and gone, and here we are again! Mondays always come around so fast. It's interesting because Mondays are super close to Fridays, but Fridays are so far away from Mondays... It's a vicious cycle... But then you actually get to Monday again, and suddenly the whole week seemed like a blur. Lets see if I can think up anything new and exciting to tell you this week... (Being the beginning of a new transfer, I don't have my old planner with me, so I am brainless... I'll try my best though...)

Monday: It was an interesting P-day. We pretty much ran around like chickens with our heads cut off all day. We spent most of the day cleaning because we had an apartment inspection in the afternoon, and we had to get everything ready for that... It wasn't overly dirty, it just needed a little TLC. and then we emailed, and poof, bob's your uncle, P-day was over. It's amazing how fast it goes! So yeah, that's about it.
stuff on the walls in our new apartment

Tuesday: I can't think up anything special that we did on Tuesday... Probably knocked on doors, and other missionary stuff like that...

Wednesday: We had a little mini district meeting here in Summerside, just for the Summerside missionaries. Only an hour long, and then we all went out and got to work. That's about all I can tell you of Wednesday...

Thursday: Transfer Day! My companion and I just waited patiently for our new companions to arrive, and then we set out to begin the new transfer. We got everything prepared for the Combined Young Men, Young Women's activity that night. There is a little tradition in PEI called "Burger Love" You should look it up, it's pretty exciting. We all made our own Burger Love burgers, and feasted! It was a pretty good night! I enjoyed it... And we only lit the BBQ on fire once.... Haha!
More stuff on the walls

Friday: Weekly planning. It's really interesting planning for an area that you have been in for a transfer, but for people that you have never met in your life... It's been a little strange... But we did it, and then we set out to work for the day. We did a little bit of everything, but nothing too great and exciting that it is worth putting in this letter, just know that we were out working like good little missionaries.

Saturday: We had a couple of lessons planned for Saturday, but most of them fell though... That was a bummer... We did get to meet with one of the investigators that both sets of Elders are teaching together, and he is now on date for baptism on June 20! It's pretty exciting! I love that guy!!!
and still more wall stuff....

Sunday: We had a couple of investigators who were supposed to come to church with us, but they texted and cancelled at the last minute (and then texted and dropped us later in the evening... That was a bummer) But, church was pretty great. It was an east-coast wide Stake Conference Broad cast. Elder Anderson, and Elder Hales spoke, along with Elder Katcher of the 70 and Sister Reeves of the Relief Society general presidency. It was a pretty great conference! We went to the youth Seminary, that was pretty fun! I feel like I missed out a lot with seminary... oops.... Well, better late than never. 

So, that's about it for this week. We are going bowling today, so that should be fun! I'm excited! 

I love you all tons, and I hope you have a great week! 

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple Leaf, Sorry about that, Eh?
Elder Nielsen  
The glorious bounties of the package mom sent

Enjoying it!

Elder B making some hamburgers

The Youth enjoying the hamburgers

 

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment