my card

my card

Monday, May 4, 2015

May The Fourth be with you

May the Fourth Be With You
(they are light sabers)
Okay, so I guess I should probably get around to writing my big letter before I am all out of computer time, haha! I get distracted pretty easily, so I totally forgot that I was supposed to be writing one of these! 

Lets see if I can think up what I did this week, it's all one big blur to me now, so I'll see what I can do...
I found a party hat

Monday: We actually went out and did something for Pday this week! My companion and I went bowling with the other set of Elders in the area. We all went in our suits, so it was pretty much a sight to see. Also, we all suck at bowling, so it was pretty great! I think one of us actually broke 100 one of the games we played! That's about it. We spent the rest of the evening shopping and doing that kind of crazy missionary stuff. 
I found more party hats

Tuesday: We spent almost all day trying to get in contact with the investigators that the Sisters left for us... Nobody wants to talk to us... It's been a little tough trying to contact everyone. They all seemed to have vanished off the face of the earth... Maybe they will show up again after we harass them a little bit. If there is something I've gotten good at on my mission, it's harassing people! 

Wednesday: Zone Training in Moncton. We got to leave the Island to go down to Moncton, New Brunswick. It was a great meeting. We focused a lot on The Book of Mormon. I enjoyed it. After the meeting, I stayed in Moncton with the Zone Leader, and kicked my Companion back to Summerside with the other Elder. Moncton is a nice area. Lot of interesting people there! My first actual days spent in New Brunswick! The Zone Leader lives in an apartment with another set of Elders who serve in Dieppe, the French area. French missionaries are HILARIOUS! I loved it!
Elder S likes Party Hats too!
Thursday: Another day in Moncton. Lots of finding, and trying to find. I got to meet some of the members out there. It was a pretty good time.

Friday: Back to Summerside. Weekly Planning. We started doing service at the local Library, basically we just organize shelves. It's not all that interesting.  We had a lesson with one of the investigators that we are team-teaching with the other Elders. He is such a great guy! Getting baptized on June 20!

Saturday: Pretty much your average missionary day. Lots of finding. Lots of talking to people. We found an awesome family that we are going to be going back to visit, so that's pretty great! I'm excited to start working with them! Other than that, nothing too exciting...
The District

Sunday: Church! We spent a lot of time after church going and giving the sacrament to those who couldn't come out. Great people. We go and give the Sacrament to one old lady in a nursing home, and someone heard us singing to her afterwards, so we got asked to come out into the main lobby and sing for the group of old people out there. It was pretty great, we are superstars now :P We had supper with the Branch President and his family, they are super sweet people. Later that evening we watched the World Wide Devotional with them. It's crazy how late 10:00 pm feels now. I'm such an old man! But, I guess that's just how the mission works

Yes, My purchase was a green suit! It Fits!
It was only $5 and I couldn't pass it up!
I think that's about it for this week. I made an awesome purchase at Salvation Army today, and I'll have to send you a picture! 

I love you all so much! Don't do stupid things!

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen
 

 

If April Showers bring May Flowers, What do April blizzards bring?
TEARS - the answer is tears!

 

 

we found glow sticks

glow sticks are fun

 

King of the glow sticks!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment