my card

my card

Monday, August 10, 2015

On a completly unrelated note...

Okay, I am going to write my weekly letter first this time because I am a slug and forget to do it if I don't...

Here, I took a picture so you could actually have one of us for this week :D

HI! How is life anywhere that isn't Atlantic Canada? Hopefully just peachy-keen!

It's been an interesting week. Nothing too special, but I will see if I can think up something interesting to write about so I don't bore everyone to death... That wouldn't be too fun.

Monday: Pday. Nothing too interesting... I took a nap. I'm an old man... Naps are about all that sounds fun on a Pday now... I am just the life of the party now. After my nap, we went out and knocked, and then visited some Former Investigators. And then we posted on Facebook... And yeah, that was about the whole of our day.. Super fun stuff.

Tuesday: I had an exchange with the Zone Leaders. So I was with one of them here in Charlottetown. He was in my MTC district, so we spent a lot of time being all weird and nostalgic about the last year... Nostalgia is gross. One of the Sister's investigators invited us over to start teaching her Husband, so he is now an investigator! That's pretty cool. He works a ton.. So it's kinda rough to pin him down for a time, but at least he wants to lean. I can work with that. (We also performed 3 blessings in a two hour time period... all to different families and people... that was crazy...)
2 year guarantee, Missionary grade shoes? I think not.... Haha

Wednesday: District meeting. It was a good district meeting... Or at least I think it was... I enjoy the meetings, but that might just be because I don't have to listen to my own trainings :P We had a lesson with a recent convert. He is such a great guy. And then we did a lot more finding though the day until it was time for the Ward Missionary Correlation meeting. 

Thursday: We spent a lot of time working at the Soup Kitchen. I love that place. The people who come to eat don't really like us, mostly because we are Mormon, but that doesn't matter, because we get along with all the other volunteers really well. After the Soup Kitchen, one of the volunteers (who also happens to be the same recent convert that we met with on Wednesday) took us out for Cow's Ice Cream. If you are ever in PEI, you need to get Cow's Ice Cream. Forget about Green Gables, just get the Ice Cream. Other than that, we just went out knocking.


Friday: We helped a less active member move his stuff out of the storage area in his apartment building's basement so that he can move out this Wednesday. That was fun. We got to talk to his brother, who was a member but is a Baptist now, and we are going to go meet with him sometime later on. That's pretty awesome. We had this really awesome experience when we were out knocking. Some guy ran up to us and asked us if we teach the Bible, and we explained to him the Bible and The Book of Mormon, and he asked us to teach him. The language barrier is a little hard, but he is a great guy. He is from China, and has only been in Canada for about a Month, but he is super sweet, and really want's to learn. 

Saturday: While we were out Street Contacting we ran into our Mission President who just happened to be visiting PEI with his wife and some of the office couples from Dartmouth. We talked to him for a minute, and he asked if he could come to the lesson we were headed to, and we let him come along. The lesson bailed on us, so we took him street contacting instead.It was his first time ever going out contacting with the missionaries. It's so awesome having a greenie Mission President. I love that man so much! We got to talk to him for a long time, and he asked our opinion about a lot of stuff he is thinking about doing in the mission. We shall see what happens. (Charlottetown might become a Biking area...)

Sunday: President and Sister Pratt spoke in church. They are awesome. Again, I will say that I love those two so much. On a completly unrelated note, there was a huge fire downtown that destoryed a couple of apartment buildings, and killed a couple of people... That wasn't so good... We fiished the night out with YSA Family Home Evening. 

So yeah, That was basically our week. Good Stuff, eh?

Well, I love ya'll, and I hope you's have a great week! 

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple Leaf, Sorry about that, Eh?
Elder Nielsen


Oh! And PS, I got a package from Mum! She is the Best! There was actually a really cool story about that package. I was going to pick it up on Wednesday, but I decided to wait because we didn't have time. Thursday Morning we got a call from the Bishop asking us to go hunt down a Less Active member who had posted a Suicide note on Facebook. So we go to hunt him down, and after about an hour we get a call saying that the police found him and took care of him. On our way back home, we stopped in to Shoppers Drug Mart to get my package, but they said they didn't have it in their system. As we were leaving, who do we run into? The Less Active member that we were looking for! It was a small miracle, but it was awesome! We were able to set up an appointment with him, and teach him the next day. Also, the next day when we stopped in to try again for my package, it was there with no problems and they said it had been sitting there for about a week. I thought that was pretty cool.

okay, goodbye for reals this time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment