my card

my card

Monday, October 5, 2015

I love that book. It makes me happy.

Letter from 9-28-2015
Hello!

I guess I should write a letter this week, I have been slacking pretty hardcore... My bad.

This week was pretty great, not going to lie. Things haven't necessarily been easy, but they have been good! I guess I will start with Monday, and see if I can actually use my brain to remember things, haha!

Monday: Pday. There isn't much to do in Yarmouth on Pday, so I took the liberty of going through the Area Book a couple of days in advance and trying to set up some lessons. Only one actually worked out, but he wasn't really all that interested. He has been meeting with missionaries on and off for a long time, but wasn't really willing to act on it. So, I guess that's that. We spend most of our Pday emailing now because we only have one working computer, and it takes forever and a day, so that's about all we do. I know, super exciting. So, once Pday was over, we went out and pretended to be missionaries for a little while :P

Tuesday: It was a long day of trying to find some people to teach. Lots of knocking on doors and talking to people on the street. Not too much success... But that's okay, we will find someone! 

Wednesday: District Meeting in Annapolis Royal (it's about and hour and forty five minutes form Yarmouth) Good times. After the meeting and another almost two hours of travel, we got to have a meeting with our investigator. He is doing fantastic! (I will tell you more when I get to Friday), but we had a fantastic lesson with him. We set up an appointment with someone in the Area Book, but when we got there, he didn't show up... that was a bit of a bummer, but, it's all good! We were supposed to go to Branch Council, but it turns out we had written down the wrong time, and we showed up just as the meeting was ending... oops. So we spent the rest of the night looking for someone to teach.

Thursday: Again, lots of finding. We went and read the Book of Mormon with some Semi-Active members. Can I tell you,  That's about all I can say. It makes me happy.  Other than that, back to pounding the pavement. 

Friday: Weekly planning. We actually had a really interesting weekly planning session. We texted out investigator to try and get an appointment set for the next week, and ended up setting up a baptism for October 3rd! We are super pumped for him! He is such a great guy! (He has actually become friends with the man that I baptized in Sackville, so they have been talking a lot!) It's going to be awesome! In the evening we had an Elders Quorum activity where we went out and played Baseball and had a BBQ, that was pretty fun. We had to duck out a little early because we had a lesson with some less active members. So, I would say Friday was a pretty good day :P

Saturday: We were supposed to be going out to a village out in the boonies, but all of our appointments out there cancelled on us, so we decided to save the Kilometers, and stay in Yarmouth. So, we basically were finding all day. That was fun :P

Sunday: Church (always great).  I was thinking about it, and it's going to be super weird coming home to huge church buildings... The church we have here in Yarmouth is tiny! For any Pugh's or Costello's or Nielsen's reading, the church is the size of the Alton House if you were to tack a little hallway onto the back. It's pretty fun!  We spent the day visiting members who are homebound, so that's a fun Sabbath activity :D

So, yeah, that was my week! 

I can't really think of anything else to add on, so I love you all, and hope you have a fantastic week.

Hockey hockey, Moose moose, Maple Leaf, Sorry about that, eh?
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment